Published By Blog Breed
All savvy marketers agree that one cannot find a better place than Amazon to sell products. Under a comprehensive study, Amazon alone makes up over 43 percent of total online sales. No other platform is anywhere near competing with this giant.
As a businessman, it might excite you to set up an Amazon seller account and see your sales going through the roof. But, frankly, your growth might be distant until you get the hang of how Amazon search engine optimization really works.
Most businesses fail to acknowledge that Amazon does not work like Google. They both follow different algorithms. Therefore, you cannot expect to rank higher on Amazon by implementing Google search engine optimization techniques.
In this write-up, we will shed light on trustworthy practices that will help you perform Amazon search engine optimization like a pro:
Conduct Keyword Research
Keywords enable potential clients to stumble upon your products on Amazon and eventually purchase them. But how does one discover keywords that increase the odds of popping up in search engine results? The answer rests with keyword research.
But, mind you, finding out relevant keywords is not a piece of cake. So simply going by the book might not be as helpful. You will also have to think out of the box. Our experts have compiled a list of useful tips that will complement your keyword research process:
- Make the most of the Amazon search bar: As soon as you enter a query in the Amazon search bar, it will show a variety of products below. This gives you a good idea of what keywords buyers are frequently using on Amazon. Simply put, the search bar effectively acts as a handy keyword research tool.
- Analyze competitors: Closely observing competitors is a great way to amp up your keyword list. Using a reliable tool, you can even dig up the backend keywords of your rivals and import the entire file right away. We would recommend you to find competitors who are doing business on a similar level as yours. Or else, it will prove to be a wild goose chase.
- Keep an eye on performance: Keyword research is not a one-time thing. Purchasing patterns keep on changing and so do the keywords. Therefore, it is a must to monitor how well, or poorly for that matter, your keywords are doing. As time goes by, you can filter undue keywords and stick to the ones having a high probability of getting favorable results.
Also Read: A GUIDE TO LOCAL SEO
The Product Description Must Carry Bullet Points
Cramming product descriptions with plain text is a non-starter as far as Amazon search engine optimization is concerned. Indeed, being a seller, you would want to spell out the maximum information about your products.
But putting together a few paragraphs does not work on Amazon. That is where bullet points roll into action. Bullet points are easy on the eyes and help people to remember the key features.
Get Good Reviews
Amazon throws a lot of weight behind customer reviews. So if you manage to get quality testimonials, it will spice up Amazon search engine optimization in the long run.
Tempting as it may sound, do not exploit shady means to acquire positive customer reviews. The practice will dent your credibility. One of the most effective white ways to pull off quality feedback is to offer hefty discounts.
Title Optimization Holds The Key
The arrangement of your title can fuel or foil Amazon search engine optimization efforts. Going by the general standards, your title should be formatted in the following order:
- Key ingredients
- Product type
- Model number
- Package count
In all likelihood, some of the above-mentioned categories might not go with your products. But you are strictly advised to include the ones that do.
Take Image Guidelines Into Account
By and large, Amazon sellers are doing fine when it comes to sharing high-quality pictures of their products. But there is more to image optimization. You must tick a plethora of other boxes as well. For example,
- At least 85 percent of the image area should be occupied with the product.
- Adding text or illustrations to the main picture is not allowed. You need to serve your energies in making the product as visible as possible.
- Make sure your images exceed the 1000×1000 pixels limit.
If you are an aspiring or existing Amazon seller, we cannot stress enough the importance of Amazon search engine optimization. It is the first and foremost prerequisite to ballooning up your sales. We know that the Amazon search engine optimization process is reasonably complicated stuff. But sticking to these tips will surely help you get off the ground.