Published By Blog Breed
Ideally, every entrepreneur would want to expand their reach to as many markets as possible. Among other benefits, diversification is arguably the biggest upshot that comes with global expansion. For example, if one market crumbles in the face of unforeseen events, you would have other markets at your disposal to recover from the losses and get back on track.
Also Read: BEST SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
In other words, diversification enables an organization to always stay on top of the bottom line. Until lately, only big businesses had the luxury to operate in various markets because functioning across the globe required a lot of budget and other resources.
However, small businesses have begun to reach out to a diverse customer base, thanks to the advent of digital marketing. It has provided a level playing field to every company.
That said, you may readily come across business owners who have failed to capitalize on digital marketing. They need to understand that there is more to digital marketing than simply investing in an eye-catching website or creating social media accounts.
You must have a well-mapped digital marketing strategy to buck up your business. Pompous as it may sound, crafting a solid digital marketing plan is not a mounting task. You just need to walk the tight line of the following tips:
Map Out Objectives
Are your social media accounts falling short of followers, and want to increase them? Are you looking for an improved website ranking on the search engine? Is it the link-building strategy you would like to develop? Are you aiming to generate more leads?
There are so many objectives that a business would want to achieve. But you should focus on one goal at a time. That way, a digital marketing plan is more likely to show up with better results. Whatever your goal may be, make sure it is SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound).
Nail Customer Personas
Depending on the products and services, there are going to be ideal customers out there for you. For example, if you are in a car-selling business, you should target people who have enough budget to buy cars. Apart from affordability, there are a host of other things that need to be considered while drafting customer personas.
Here are a few practical suggestions that will come in handy to sketch out a clear picture of ideal customers:
- Indulge in extensive research: To begin with, churn out maximum details about current or potential customers. It could include factors like age, financial standing, geographical location, challenges, and so forth. Unlike in the past, conducting comprehensive research is fairly easy these days. You could utilize industry blogs, social media, and online surveys to drill down virtually every specification to gain customer insight.
- Distinguish between personas and separate them: All your customers do not need to be on similar grounds or share common goals. For instance, if you are a gym trainer, some clients would approach you for bodybuilding tips, while others may ask for a roadmap to lose weight.
- Give names to personas: Albeit overlooked, this step is equally important. By assigning a name, you would think of a persona as an imaginary person, which will play a critical role in devising irresistible offers.
Create Quality Content
In 1996, a tech-tycoon Bill Gates held content as the undisputed king of digital marketing. Well, nearly 2.5 decades down the road, content continues to dominate the online world. You could produce the content in various forms such as videos, blogs, e-books, infographics, webinars, interviews, social media posts, whitepapers, emails, etc.
Producing lackluster content is not going to do any good. If anything, it will ruin your reputation as a business. Therefore, you must take measures to provide quality content. It could be difficult for some of you to crack what “quality content” entails. In simple words, anything that emotionally or intellectually appeals to the audience can be termed as quality content.
Another requirement of good content is that it must be easy on the eyes. For example, if you are writing a blog, it must be divided into subheadings so that readers do not have to put extra effort into finding what they want to read. Some of the key tips to jack up the readability of your content are as follows:
- Write short sentences. As a rule of thumb, no sentence should transgress the limit of 20 words.
- Stick to short paragraphs.
- Avoid using industry jargon as it may hinder the reader’s experience.
- Incorporate relevant and high-quality images.
- Draw information from authentic sources, and do not forget to backlink them.
Mobile Optimization Is A Must
Mobile users have mushroomed like anything over time. In 2018, there were 2.9 billion mobile users across the globe, while the number has reached almost 4 billion today. What is more, experts believe that mobile users will mark a rampant uptick in the future. That is why you can’t miss out on creating a mobile-friendly website.
Though mobile devices are more common in young people, the old generation is also not lagging behind. Simply put, everyone is consuming content on the go. Whether people are traveling or sipping coffee in a brick and motor shop, they are always glued to their mobiles, and it increases the odds of getting in touch with brands through mobiles.
For many people, mobile-friendliness may be a broad term. So we are breaking down the core features of a mobile-responsive website:
- Easy navigation: The navigation menu enables people to visit a website. Since mobile screens have limited space, navigation must be uncomplicated and visible. It is the hallmark of perfect navigation that it would keep misclicks at a safe distance.
- Do not overpower the site with pop-ups: Ads that appear once in a while are fine. But avoid peppering the web pages with undue ads, especially the ones blocking content. A typical mobile user would rather click the exit button than find “X” to dismiss the pop-up.
- Optimize multimedia: Multimedia optimization has a considerable contribution as far as website speed is concerned. Once images or videos are optimized, they trimmed the heavyweight, thereby saving the website from dragging. Multimedia optimization makes a huge difference in the user experience when the internet speed is dull.
- Color palettes: It could be very tempting for a business to experiment with different colors and makes the website stand out from its rivals. We recommend controlling the urge to be overtly adventurous with colors because they can be an obstacle for mobile users. You are better off subscribing to the “less is more” approach here.
Choose The Right Social Media Platform
Going by a well-documented figure, 3.78 billion people are actively engaged on social media. This is an astounding number. But do you think that all social media platforms could serve your business? The answer is an emphatic “no.”
Every social media channel has a unique set of audiences. If something goes viral on Facebook may not necessarily account for sufficient traction on Twitter. Hence, it would help if you were very careful in figuring out which platform could best fit your specific business.
Recruit A Professional Social Media Team
Arguably, the most common mistake organizations commit is that they take social media presence very casually. Business owners often assign the responsibility of looking after social media accounts to experts in this area. Understand, all social media channels regulate new laws with every passing day; comments taken for granted back in the day by the social media audience now stir controversies.
For instance, if someone used inappropriate language on Fakebook or Twitter handle, the company’s account may be banned for life, which would be an enormous setback in the long run. On the other hand, a professional social media team would be well-versed regarding what to post and respond to the people who give negative feedback.
The Takeaway Message
There is no denying the fact digital marketing has transformed the business world. It equally empowers every entrepreneur to take his/her brand to the next level. But a robust digital marketing plan is the first prerequisite for that. We have listed all the essentials that will make up a successful digital marketing campaign.